Sunday, September 5, 2010

Video editing software

What would you like to create?  Just something - then use Windows Movie Maker for PC or iMovie for Mac.  If you want something more awesome and don't mind paying for it, try Adobe Premier products - Elements or Pro, if you are really fancy.  PCMag and Top Ten Reviews both rate Cyberlink's Power Director 7 Ultra as the best product. 

What do I want to do?  I want to teach my students how to make stop motion movies.  I want to duplicate as near as possible the experience that would be the most common for my students.  That means that I need common equipment at minimal or no cost.  I chose Windows Movie Maker.  I can teach the students in class how to use the software and they can get started on another project at home.  For our cameras we use a webcam.  By using these tools, I feel like my students are empowered.  If they had awesome expensive products at school, they would likely not be interested in doing anything more at home, thinking it was too expensive. 

In learning more about MovieMaker, I checked on YouTube and learned even more cool tricks, like cloning yourself!  Try it out!!

Sources:
filijifules (2008).  How to Clone Yourself  with Windows Movie Maker.  Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E20s6djraqE on September 6, 2010.

Munchmore, M. (2009).  How to Buy a Digital Media Suite. Retrieved from http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2343166,00.asp on September 6, 2010.

Top Ten Reveiws. (2010). Video Editing Software Review. Retrieved from http://video-editing-software-review.toptenreviews.com/ on September 6, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment